Pages

8.11.2011

Grams turns 80...

...Last week we headed to the great state of Indiana to celebrate my Grandma's 80th birthday. It was so fun hanging out with all my family for 3 days. There is nothing like summer in Indiana..green grass, cool(er than Texas) temperatures, stars in the sky, the wonderful country silence on the farm, etc. etc. I'm so glad to be a Texas girl, but it's nice to go home now and then.

Here is my Grandparents' farm from my cousins house. Who lives next to my uncle. All on the farm. Big happy family. (I created a tilt-shift on this photo so it looks better if you actually click on it.)
 Decor.
 If I could just get him to smile.
 Grandma was giving away the kisses.
 With my sisters.
 These are Mid's blueberry donut holes. They are THE best. We have to put in a special order every time we come home so she'll make some. This trip we ordered 8 dozen. They were gone in less than 8 hours.
 Mid makes delicious cakes too. She made every birthday cake for us until we moved to Texas.
 Mid did not make these cupcakes, but they, too, were amazing.
 My mom and I.
 My little sis, me, and my sister's BFF since kindergarten, Tracy.
 The birthday girl!
 My mom put together a scrapbook for my grandma and all the family made a page for it.
 It looks like she is crying from all the sentiment in the scrapbook, but she's actually laughing.
I have the best grandma in the world. So many of my childhood memories involve her and my grandpa. Happy birthday Grams, you're the youngest 80 year old I know!
Photobucket

3 comments:

erica said...

Looks like such a wonderful time!

xo

Our life with 2 P's said...

So fun! And Grams looks great for 80!!

Olga Marquez said...

awe... so sweet!! Happy 80 to your grandma!