Pages

4.25.2011

Everybody is Working...

...for a 3 day weekend!

Here's the highlights from my fabulous Easter weekend.

1. Got a massage.

2. Rough Ryders game with the whole G-berry family.

With our "chill" nephew...he's completely opposite of his sister and cousin. We love you sweet Payne!
This is the best picture we could manage of the other Granberrys.
The Henrichs.
And the childless couple...For now.
3. Saturday evening Easter service at our church.

4. Date night with my the hubs...Sushi, The Milk Carton Kids, & Joe Purdy.
5. Drank coffee!!!! It has been 6 long weeks without it and I was immediately comforted by the smell of it brewing, holding the warm cup in my hands, and of course, tasting it!

6. "Big" G-berry house for Easter lunch, kids Easter egg hunt, and the adult Easter egg hunt. The latter is the best. It's ridiculously incredibly competitive and the stakes are high. Each egg has a number inside. There are usually three golden eggs that have the numbers 1-3 in them. After the hunt you take your number and choose your "prize" in the order of the numbers. Prizes range from Starbucks/iTunes gift cards, lottery tickets, lotions, cook books, to candles, batteries, wine, and anything in between. Three years ago I broke my wedding ring finger in 3 places after racing for a golden egg against my sister-in-law. I went head and finger first into a car. She got the egg. I got x-rays. However, I am proud to report that the last 2 years I have been injury free, and my husband and I have both gotten the prized golden eggs. We used our first pick for tupperware this year. We're old.

Sweet P1. She definitely had the one up on the boys.

 Mr. Jaxson with his eggs.
 The hubs with our loot.
 Mal and John's Easter uniforms.
7. My mom's house for my favorite meal, chicken noodles and mashed potatoes. Yum!

I hope your weekend was wonderful and you were able to celebrate the gift of forgiveness and eternal life that we have been given through the sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ. 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Our life with 2 P's said...

Good times all for the goodness of our Lord. Love you!! Can't wait to see you again sooner than later! XOXO!

Olga Marquez said...

What a fun Easter weekend! Love the grown up easter egg hunt idea, That sounds like so much fun lol!