If I am being honest...this has been the teaching year from HELL! Everyday since September, I have gotten into my car and prayed for the grace and patience to make it through another day. There were some days I seriously considered taking up a job at McDonald's just so I could quit. The parents, students, bureaucracy, and school atmosphere this year were difficult to deal with. School has changed so much from when I went through it, and I'm not even that old! I know that back when I went to school I said yes ma'am, no sir, please, and thank you. I never back talked and if I had an assignment, whether my parents agreed with it or not, I did it. AND, when it came down to getting in trouble, my parents always believed and sided with the ADULT teacher, not me, the 8 year old kid.
Anyway, on the other hand, I can also honestly say that I had some of the most amazing kids this year too, and it was those dozen that made my year worth-while. I am so appreciative of the supportive parents I've had and their sweet and respectful children who always did their best.
Next year I will be teaching third grade again, and I am praying and hoping for a better year...I know I won't be a teacher forever, but I would like to look back and say I enjoyed it for the most part...I miss teaching my bilingual kids, they were awesome...
Well, until August 17th, I won't be thinking about school at all...IT'S SUMMER TIME! (Well, at least it will be after this last pointless week of school!)
Easter basket gift ideas
2 years ago





3 comments:
I'm so glad your year is O-V-E-R!!! YAY for Mrs. Granberry making it another great year and being the best teacher!! Now..... you are SO spoiled having ALL summer off! Oh wait, I'll have it off with you but we won't be in the same city?!! Hmmmm.....sad :( We'll def. make a trip up there to see y'all!! Love ya!!
You've made it! I feel your pain and pray that next year will be better! I know that there is some reason the Lord felt it necessary to put you through this year. But for now we get to enjoy the best part of our job! 3 months paid vacation by the pool! Love you!
Oh, Dear Lord, do I need to hang up the Education classes I'm taking this semester and switch my degree to something like Anthropology or Accounting? How frightening! Hey - but I like the 3mo paid vacation aspect :) But I'm a little more convinced to teach the older kids. Maybe I should start in kindergarten and lay down the law with them since so many parents are refusing to do their job! Glad you made it through - always knew you would! Have a fun summer!
Post a Comment