Well, at 3:30 on Friday, summer officially began. Friday evening Jared and I met up with my best friend Ashley and her new hubby, Matt. We enjoyed a perfect early summer dinner on the patio at Gloria's, then went to their condo so that we could be awed by Matt's Guitar Hero skills (seriously he is that good!), and of course Jared and Ellie were reunited. We also went down to the bar by their condo and chatted some more. It was a fun evening!
Saturday I slept in until 10:30!!! Yes, ridiculous I know, but then I finished reading a book I had started, The Russian Concubine, it was a great story, but a little slow. Jared and I then got cleaned up and headed to Flower Mound to meet my sister, Allison, and her new hubby, also Matt, to see The Hangover at Studio Movie Grill. This is a MUST see movie...it was hilarious and I am quite positive we will be quoting it for years to come! After that, we went to my mom's salon so Allison could cut Jared's hair, and then headed to BWW for some trivia and talk. We had a great night!
Sunday was church, then pool. It was my first time to lay by the pool this year and it was glorious! Nothing says summer like sweating in the sun...I floated the pool for a good 3 hours and got a little pink. We also had a wonderful meal with Jared's parents; steak, green beans, corn on the cob, and wild rice-deelish!
The best part, however, is right now, sitting on my couch at 8pm with no Sunday blues! I am so excited to be off work until August 17th. I am going to relish every moment I have away from work this summer. I think it is well earned.
Unfortunately, I do start grad. school tomorrow, 9 hours of master's work! But 6 of those hours I will be done with in July, so I can do it! Plus, I'm a nerd and enjoy class.
I hope everyone has a GREAT week! I know I will!:)
Easter basket gift ideas
2 years ago





1 comments:
What a great start to your summer vacation :) And there's no better days then those enjoyed in the sun getting a good base :) I'm shocked that you guys had STEAK at the Granberry's- what the in world! I think that's all Mark, as well as his grill, know how to make! Love you!
Post a Comment