I think from the moment we said, "I do", Jared and I have been asked, "When are you going to have babies?"
Well, this is actually a great question...and I wish I knew the answer. Because if you know me, you know that I love planning things!
I used to think that Jared and I would get married, enjoy being newlyweds for a year or two and start poppin' out the little ones. After my niece was born (4 months after our wedding) I had MAJOR baby fever...I loved everything about the little precious baby and thought I would have one of my own soon....WRONG. When it came right down to it, and even now, I just am not ready. I love being married and I love the freedom that not having kids allows us right now. I enjoy traveling, being with friends, going out to long nice dinners, shopping, pedicures, Ranger season tickets, weekends in Norman, makign last minute plans (although this happens rarely) etc. And I know that when we do have children, we will still be able to do these things, but I also know that it will change our entire lives (in a wonderful way)...but I am just not ready yet. Not only that, but I am in grad. school trying to get myself out of the classroom, which becomes harder every year. When it comes time for babies, I want to be able to stay home with them as much as possible (not necessarily a stay-at-home mom b/c I think I am the type of person that will want to work part-time)...but I want to be financially ready, and if for some reason that isn't possible and I need to work full time, I want to be in a job I absolutely LOVE so I can come home a happy wife and mommy.
Anyways, with that being said, I know the Lord has a plan for Jared and I (Jeremiah 29
:11), and we pray often about following his will. I know he will speak to us, as he always has, as to when it is time to grow our family. I think every couple should do what is best for them, whether that be a honeymoon baby, waiting 10 years, or never, if that's what they decide.
I can't wait to be a mommy some day...but I also can!:)
"Everything has its own time, and there is a specific time for every activity under heaven...
It is beautiful how God has done everything at the right time."-Ecclesiastes 3:1-11
Easter basket gift ideas
2 years ago





3 comments:
I agree with every word you said! You guys take your time, not like I have to tell you that, ha!!! I love the Ecclesiastes verse- could it have been said better? Love you!!!
you been getting a lot of " so when are you gonna have a baby" lately? lol- you need to be in sync with me! 2 years! then our babies can grow up together!
Kudos to you, my dear! You guys take your time and thoroughly enjoy one another especially the spontaneity. There is no rush to have children; you will know when the time is right for YOU if that time ever comes. Keep having fun and especially traveling. And always take care of each other!
Post a Comment