Pages

12.08.2014

One Year and Counting...Month 20...

...
Grey the Great,

You're now 20 MONTHS! You act so grown up now, I have to remind myself your not even yet 2. I have said it before, but I'll say it again- I wish time would slow down. Every day with you, every stage with you, is so much fun. I wish each one would last just a little longer. When your daddy made up the "Grey the Great" jingle, we had no idea how true it would be. You are so great, Grey. God has blessed us beyond measure with the perfect little girl for our family. You are sweet, silly, and sassy. I love that God has created you so uniquely. You are unlike any other and we pray you are will do great things for His kingdom. We hope you know how loved you are, little stink.

xoxo-
Mommy and Daddy

Here are your monthly highlights and pictures...

  • Size 3 diaper, mostly 12 month clothing. 
  • You've been a daddy's girl for the last 5 months or so, but these past weeks you've decided to be all about mommy again. I must say, I do love it. There is nothing sweeter than you constantly calling for me. And not just saying mama, because you know that word so well, but saying it because you really want me!
  • You've definitely been testing the limits and we've had to enforce time-outs a few times. You're starting to get the idea of a time-out and you don't particularly care for it. Now, I just say, "Do you need to go to timeout?" and you will usually stop whatever you're doing. You're usual offenses include putting your feet on the counter or table while eating, and standing/stomping on your toys.
  • Your new favorite word/language: "gottagy". I have no idea what it is or what it means, you repeat it over and over and it is THE cutest thing!
  • You've played peek-a-boo with us for what seems like forever, but now YOU cover face with hands or a blanket, instead of us covering ours.
  • You like to pretend sleep and then pop up real quick.
  • You are very good at whining when you want something. We are working on replacing the whines with the word 'please'.
  • You are starting to come up to my leg and hug it. It melts my heart every time.
  • You love asking for  more, only you say it more, more, more...and never stop. We are also working on adding the word 'please' to this.
  • You LOVE babies. If you see one anywhere, even tv, you immediately say, "beebee"! You love to give them kisses, hold their hands, hug them, and smother them if we're not careful.
  • My favorite things about you right now are: your long hair with sweet, wispy curls at the end (just like your Aunt Allie's), your big toddler belly, your toddle- you walk/run everywhere and swing your little arms!
  • You are obsessed with opening and closing anything; doors, bottles, items with lids...
  • You are VERY good about cleaning up. You love to help pick up toys, put things away, help unload the dishwasher, do laundry, etc. You love taking a wipe and go around and clean the floor, counters, walls, table, whatever!
  • I think we can say your eyes are officially green like your momma's. You still have your brown spot on the right eye.
  • You also love the word yes. Which usually comes out as yesh, or yea. You rarely say no, so it's funny to ask you questions that you would probably say no to if you understood, because you automatically say yes.
  • Whenever we Facetime anyone now, you will kiss and hug phone. It's too cute!
  • You are getting up at 6:30 on the weekdays, and 7-8 on the weekends. You take a 2-3 hour nap and go down between 12 and 1. You are usually ready for bed between 7-8, although usually closer to 7. You are SO flexible. We can keep you out late or nap in the car, you go with the flow and usually don't get fussy about it. 
  • Love: coloring, babies, doing things by yourself,
  • Dislike: diaper changes, not getting your way
 Tutu sent us this picture of you and Owen playing on day.
Getting mad because the box wouldn't scoot on the carpet.
Daddy being silly.
Sunday fun in the nursery.
We took you to Toys-R-Us to get a gift for your cousin...oh my, you were in heaven!
Sharing with the bear at Tutu's
Playing at Cha Cha and Papa's.
Napped out at Tutu's.
You love sidewalk chalk now!
A random nap on Daddy.
Owning the place.
New favorite stance.

Christmas wonder...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

She's so precious! I love that you're capturing so many sweet moments.

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Adorable!!! I wish time would slow down too! I laughed about her getting mad bc she couldn't get the box across the carpet. Landry would do the same thing!