Pages

12.17.2014

Catberry Thanksgiving 2014...

...I figured it's time to post Thanksgiving pictures before Christmas gets here!

This year we decided to get away for the holiday and visit our dear friends, the Catlins, in Connecticut. Their little boy, Silas, was born in September and we were dying to meet him! We have known the Catlins for 4 years now, and over half that time they have lived hundreds of miles away. I don't known exactly how to explain our friendship, other than to say it's God orchestrated and super special. I think making good, best, friends (especially couple friends) when you're older is hard- but ours was a fast, easy friendship and one that will last forever. I feel like we have known them our whole lives, and I honestly do not know what I would do without Anne. She loves Christ, challenges me, holds me accountable, listens well & gives sound advice, is funny, smart, beautiful, and incredibly genuine. And I like her husband too, ha! Our boys are a hot mess when they're together, two peas in a pod for sure!

This was our second trip to CT and it didn't disappoint. What a BEAUTIFUL state! If it weren't for the weather, I would definitely live there. The best part, of course, was the company. We went out our first day to Mystic, CT. to visit the aquarium and the Sea Port while the boys worked. The other 3 days we hung out inside, watched it snow, and ate lots of yummy food! We can't wait to visit again. And we really can't wait for Christmas when the Catlins return to Texas! We have so much to be thankful for; God's grace, our health, our family, our jobs, and our friends!

Oohing and Ahhing at the planes in the airport.
Ready to fly! Jared's phone loaded with movies, and a backpack filled with new little toys and snacks from Gigi helped us make it through the flight with a toddler. She did great!! There was about 30 seconds of screaming when her ears popped mid-flight, but that was our only hiccup!
Baby feet!
At the aquarium. She LOVED it! She particularly loved the whales and little fish. She was scared to death of stingrays and when one came near her in the glass, she screamed in terror and started to cry. It was cute! She would also completely avoid walking to near to any glass tank that had an animal she wasn't sure about.
I caught her mid-blink. Ha!
That's a little (big) Beluga Whale. It kept "talking" and Grey would imitate its' sounds!
A cute shopping center in Mystic.
Homemade apple cider donuts! Yum!
Mystic Sea Port at sunset.
Silas was snoozing and missed the photo-op!

More Sea Port.
Sweet boy! Loved snuggling with this handsome man. I forgot how little babies are! :)
Snow! It seriously made the trip perfect!
Just hanging out.
Jared wearing Anne's winter gear...while also wearing shorts and no jacket. He went to Target like this.
Checking out the white stuff.
Ready (kind of) to check this snow out.
 This was Sila's first sled ride!
 Not happy about this at all.
 Grey's first sledding experience. Again, not thrilled at all.
 My favorite picture, ha!
 Jared and Eric had to go too. They continued to try some different hills as we retreated to the warmth.

Hot mess express cleaning in her pjs, slippers, and sunglasses.
Guarding the baby. She LOVED him. She wanted to rock him, hold his hand, kiss him, smother him...
More snuggles.
Playing together! See her holding his hand!?
 Goodbye kisses.

Bye bye Catlins, Bye Bye snow, Bye Bye CT!
Sleeping on the way to the airport and about to lose that finger!
Navigating the airport.
Checking out those airplanes again with daddy!
Whoa! Oooh!
The flight back was also a success- zero tears. We ended up flying first class on the way back and it was AWESOME. Since she isn't in her own seat yet, this gave us more room and no one sitting next to us! 

Figuring out these ear buds!
Photobucket

2 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I see a wedding in your near future ;). Those babies are so adorable! I love the sledding pictures! I love that she likes to help clean too!

Laura said...

What a fun trip! Friends like that are definite keepers. I adore Mystic...I would totally live there too!