This month has been crazy! With grad. school in full swing (and taking 3 classes), working at my "real" job to get ready for my teammates to leave on maternity for the rest of the year, and then weekend plans, there hasn't been a moment to breath! AND, we are moving this week. I HATE moving...no, really, I HATE IT! We will be living in a condo by the lake for the next year (possibly and hopefully shorter)...and don't get excited when I say condo on the lake, it's definitely not something I'm looking forward to. Anyway, when we buy a house next year (we are waiting to buy until we know FOR SURE where the company will be moving), I hope that it will be the last time we will move for a loooong time.
Well, anyway, the point of this blog post is to just share the fun things we've been doing...so...the second weekend in February we went to our friend Leah's wedding reception (she got married in Hawaii in Jan.), the next weekend we had our friend Josh's 30th birthday celebration (we went to Sambuca for dinner, a couple bars for drinks, and spent the night at The Joule in downtown...it was a fun night on the town, but made for a long Sunday of recovering), then this past weekend we went to New Orleans (I flew out and met Jared who was there for business). It was a great trip...minus the limo problem...
So, it seems that anytime Jared and I travel we have some sort of DRAMA (i.e.- the largest hurricane ever recorded in history comes straight towards our island during our honeymoon, losing our car in valet at The W, etc.). My flight to N.O. was to get in at 8:30, just the time that Jared would be eating with customers. I was going to go straight to the restaurant and join them for dinner. Well, Jared had arranged for a limo (so sweet) to pick me up to avoid any taxi problems...we had just hit the highway and almost immediate the limo driver hit something on the road and we had a flat. Now, not to be whiny, b/c I was in a limo, but we were sitting under a bridge in the middle of N.O. in the pouring rain and the limo driver had no spare, and nobody apparently could come pick us up. Basically the limo had no plan for times like these, so Jared ended up having leave his dinner and take a cab to pick me up...so an hour and a half later I was rescued by my prince on a white horse (aka my husband in a white taxi with a man named Samir driving). : ) We never had dinner that night, but thankfully we have a new disastrous traveling story and we had a great rest of the trip! Here are some pictures...





1 comments:
Frenzied February sounds like fun :) I'm glad you had fun in New Orleans! Hopefully March won't be March Mania!! XOXO!
Random note--- the passowrd verification I had to enter for this comment is BOYBOWS! Is this telling me something? :)
Post a Comment