Pages

8.31.2008

Firsts

It was a week of many firsts...

Monday began my first day of school, which on Friday finished as my first week of school. This will be my 4th year of teaching, and my second year in 3rd grade. My class this year seems amazing. This year in general is going to be a lot better than last. Those of you who know me, know that last year was probably the worst possible year ever. So I am looking forward to this! Although, it's only been one week, so ask me again in a month!:) My class this year consists of 13 boys and 6 girls! It's a little crazy and I feel bad for those 6 girls! ha! But they are all sweet, including my boys. I have 5 teacher's kids in my class, one of them being my assistant principals, so there is a lot of pressure, but nothing I can't handle. I have a student teacher working with me too. She is in my class on Monday and Tuesdays until the middle of October, and then she comes back in January for full weeks. She is very helpful and excited to be here, my students love her already, and I do too! Yay for Miss Barrow!:) I would put pictures of my adorable 19 students on here, but there are now laws against that kind of stuff, so if you are just dying to see how cute they are, I have them up on my password protected shutterfly account, so ask me and I'll let you know how to look at the pictures!

Monday night was also my first day to start back to school...grad school that is. For those of you who don't know, I am now officially working on my Masters in Counseling at UNT. I knew back in college that I didn't want to teach forever, but I wasn't sure exactly what it was that I wanted to do either, so I finished up my degree in edcuation, and have been praying about my next step for the last 3 years. Last year, as I earlier stated, was a NOT good year in the teaching field and I really knew that I needed to get started on something that would lead me out of the classroom and into something I was more passionate about...So, God led me here! I am thankful too...I already love my classes, they are very interesting and it is just what I am looking to do with my life. I am hoping to be done with my program in 2011, 2012 at the latest-all dependent on when Jared and I decide to pop out the kiddos! I want to continue working with children as either an elementary school counselor, or working with kids/teens in a community setting. I have a lot of options in this field and can work as much or as little as I decide, another great thing for when we have babies! I also will begin my PhD immediately after the Masters program...hey, why not!?

Finally, this weekend marked the first weekend back for football...more particularly, OU football. We have season tickets again, thanks to Jared's dad's generous birthday gift! Our seats are AMAZING! We are club level, first row! I hate to brag, but it really is awesome! We of course went to Norman for the game and did all the usual...walked around campus, went to campus corner, hit up some tailgates, and of course a trip into Antique Garden! By the way, we dominated: 67-2. We are hoping our domination continues through the season!:)

Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma, OKU!
Eating in the Club section...don't worry, the food was not any better...but the AC was nice!

0 comments: