Well, it's official. Today is my last day of summer. Tomorrow I start back to work...we teachers have a week of meetings and the such and then the kids come back on the 25th. This is going to be the best year EVER! At least I am hoping for that! If you know me, you know that teaching is just not my life long career, and last year was the WORST year ever! It even made me get on the ball on applying to grad school...which I got into, so I will be starting my Masters in Counseling at UNT on the 25th as well. I am taking 6 hours, so I will be super busy this year! I am praying that the Lord just helps me to keep my stress and anxiety under control...I already have a peace about this year that I haven't had in my prior years teaching. So, anyway that was a scattered paragraph, so I am going to get back on track and fill you all in (b/c you are dying to know) what I have been doing since the last post.
Here we go...after making it through Jared's birthday, I got to spend then entire next week in Gifted and Talented training for all those smart kids the Lord is going to bless me with this year. :) It was 30 hours of pure boredom. I cannot stand professional development b/c I still consider myself fresh out of college and I just learned all this stuff!
That week flew by and brought me right into the month of August...my sister and Grandma flew in from Indiana on Wednesday the 6th. I picked them up from the airport and we spent the evening in Flower Mound. Then Malinda and I came back to my house while my Grams stayed with my mom. We spent the next few days getting ready for our little sis' engagement party that took place that Saturday. It was a success and everyone had lots of fun. I basically spent the next week driving back and forth from Rockwall to Flo Mo to hang out with the family. We had a great time being together.
On Wednesday, the 13th, it was my mom and I's birthday (yes, I was her best birthday present 26 years ago)...so we had a big dinner with my family (Grams and Min were still here) and Jared's parents. I got lots of good gifts, and a new wardrobe from H&M from my Grandma and Min! I love that store and they did a great job of finding me lots of cute clothes...they also informed me that Dallas might be getting one soon!! This made me EXTREMELY excited...but then I got a little upset b/c I enjoy having cheap clothes that not everyone else owns...plus right now I get to shop and try to navigate on the German H&M site and send picture of the items I need to Malinda...
Okay, so that brings me up to this last weekend, on Friday, the 15th, a large group of us went to Anamias to celebrate my birthday...and as is turns out, ASHLEY AND MATT got ENGAGED! It was a fun surprise and we got to double celebrate! I am so excited for my best friend! If you haven't heard how they met, ask me about it, b/c it's pretty cool...he literally crashed into her life. God works in the craziest of ways! So, it looks like they are planning a March wedding, and I am honored to be her MOH and do lots more party planning (my favorite!) My sister gets married in April, so it will be a busy Spring as well, just the way I love it.
In case you were unaware...Sooner football starts in just two weeks, and Jared and I will be in Norman for the first 3 home games! I am PUMPED! Bob "my other husband" Stoops is going to dominate this year, I can just feel it. Well, that's all I got for now...here are a few pics from the last couple weeks...and more are on my shutterfly account.
Easter basket gift ideas
2 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment