...This was probably the most magical Christmas as yet with kids! They're just at the sweetest ages and are so filled with awe and amazement at all the holiday things around them. I'm pretty sure I have ruptured eardrums from them screaming, "CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!" every.single.time we saw any.
Here are the events that took up most of our time between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day...
First (and a couple days before Thanksgiving), we saw the big guy.
Always gotta be one pouting.
They were all excited to make their requests.
(We always go to Bass Pro for Santa pics. #becausefree AND all the activities to keep them occupied while we wait!
Holding hands for moral support, because in all honestly, sitting on a stranger with a white beard's lap is a little weird.
Everyone was pretty into it this year. Except Hazel, who I can to pry from my arms to get her to sit.
If I'm honest, I kind of prefer the Santa pics where my children are crying in terror. Does that make me a bad mom?
(They asked for Shopkins, an LOL dollhouse, and "eggs"/hatchimals)
The official pic.
The night before we went on our Thanksgiving trip, we hit up the Dallas Zoo for their Christmas lights. Our girls had filled their family "Sparkle Jar" (Read more about that here. It has truly changed behaviors in our house!), and this was the activity they chose to do. W
The lights were awesome, but full transparency: it was not an enjoyable night. Attitudes were just the worst, which in turn affected my attitude. Looking back though, I think we may have all been HANGRY.
So, Campisi's saved us all and we were much happier after a salad and pizza.
Starting on December 1st, we began our Advent activities. I did something new this year, that I adapted from an Instagram account I follow (SimplyOnPurpose). I came up with an Advent activity for each day and stuck it in with their candy for their advent tree. Some activities were "receiving" activities and others were "giving". It was a hug hit and we all had fun!
Day 1 was breakfast and the Christmas parade with surprise guests (their cousins)!
Waiting for our breakfast place to open.
Parade watching.
That night we had Jared's work party and got to get a little fancy.
Prom Pose.
Nailed it.
Aunt Mallory and I.
The original Gberry fam. Love them.
We picked out a tree on Day 2! Scarlett found the perfect one for us!
They got to help decorate it.
(They each have their own tree in their rooms with their own ornaments.)
Here's our Advent Calendar activities. We tapped them onto our Bingo board each day.
Christmas Movie Night.
We got fancy for one party, and then went to the annual Ellis' party in pjs. I think pjs are just as fun!
We gave Lauren snapchat tutorials.
We also made gingerbread houses, which was a favorite for all the girls.
We also had a playdate with Santa while the big kids were at school. We love this Santa, he takes so much time with the kids and brought a book to read with them!
Momma friends. :)
Then one evening we took a carriage ride through Highland Park again. It's one of my favorite activities. Although both years Jared and I say we should go alone because #whining.
Window shopping on Knox...
Hazel was the only one not whining or crying at some point that night. She's named Happy Hazel for a reason.
I passed Grey's note to Santa in the hall at school and had to snap a picture.
Jared went hunting one evening and I took the girls to our church's Jingle Jam. There was real snow, sledding, bounce houses, hot chocolate, and a program with Christmas music and the story of Jesus' birth. We made it through most of it.
We also attended our LG Christmas party. It's always a great White Elephant exchange. Jared's picture with a hot commodity for the 2nd year in a row.
Our hostess with the mostess.
Most of our group.
After being stolen, Annie got Jared back.
The next day was our annual Mother Daughter Christmas tea. This is another FAVORITE of mine. It is just such a sweet, relaxing time spent with the ladies in my life. It started out as a party my mom's friend held. We went to hers for 4 years and then she moved. My mom, sister, and I decided it was a tradition we had to continue. So last year we did a trial run. I was instructed by several gals that I HAD to do it again the next year. So, here we are...
My mom's amazing new creation. SO.GOOD.
We did allow for one little boy to attend this year. But he'll get the boot next year.
Christmas crafting.
I got pictures of all our guests and their family, but forgot about my own. We took a clean-up crew picture instead. Next year...
I also was able to celebrate the sweet holiday with these ladies. Our Life Group began 8 years ago and we were the only families in it for several months. Each one of these gals is so unique and so special to me. Our annual Christmas dinner is something I always look forward to.
Grey had her kinder Christmas party at school. I tried to convince her to skip since I didn't work that day, but she was having none of that. It was super overstimulating, as all kinder activities tend to be.
We just adore her wonderful teacher.
Andddd....that brings us to our Christmas celebrations...on my next post.






































































0 comments:
Post a Comment