...So, a little background on this one.
Waaaay back when, in college, after Jared and I started dating (15 YEARS AGO!!), we were driving to OKC to see Something Corporate play. On the way there I saw a billboard for a Phil Collins concert. I told Jared, that is one BIG concert I would actually want to go see (I don't care for big shows, I much prefer small venues if I'm going to spend money to see a band). I didn't give Phil much thought after that, but then after we were married I decided I should look into his tour schedule. It was at that time I learned he was retired, never to play again!! And that is when I decided that seeing Phil Collins in concert was now my #1 bucket list item. Apparently you really do want what you can't have. So, for the past decade or so I have half joked about this as a must do before I die. I was convinced he would come out of retirement!! I got wind last year he was touring in Ireland and Jared and I were thisclose to making that trip happen but it didn't work out for us. I was now really holding out hope that he would make it to the states. In August I heard a coworker talking about the best concert she ever went to was Phil Collins and that we was going to be playing in the US. I went home ecstatic and we looked at this tour schedule. There was nothing close to us, but it worked out that Jared had work to do up North and so we figured out a way to get me up there as well to SEE PHIL!! Jared (with BIG help from his work friends) helped make my bucket list dreams come true!
In conclusion, I added some new things to my bucket list so I still had purpose for living. They're all pretty cliche though, so I am working on finding a new, semi-impossible list item to add.














0 comments:
Post a Comment