...Here's a little of what we've been up to the past month or so...
We've recently discovered how great it is to use a babysitter.
We've always used family- which usually don't let us pay, so we try not to take advantage and over ask. With my mom living so far away and Jared's mom having heart surgery, we had to bite the bullet and ask for help elsewhere. It's been the best thing for us. It allows us to go out together more and we don't have the guilt of asking the same family members and infringing on their lives (not that they see it that way, but you know!)
Our first babysitter date!
A treat at Highland Park Soda Fountain before shopping for a new couch and dishes.
Then a little shopping at North Park and Independence Day 2 in 3D. Sad to report, it was the worst movie I've seen in a while. This was wildly disappointing for a girl who had a huge Will Smith crush after ID in 1996.
And Date Night 2!!! We went sailing with our Life Group. And by sailing, I mean we sat and enjoyed the sunset cruise!
I am DONE, DONE, and DONE pumping. Forever. And I'm not even sad about it.
After my second bout of mastitis in 3 weeks I decided I was done. I had started weaning and kept getting mastitis even though I was weaning at a snail's pace. So I just stopped cold turkey. I used every trick in the book. Started BC, took Sudafed and Benadryl, used cabbage leaves, only hand expressed when necessary. It took about a week and a half total to dry up and deflate. And to be quite honest, I've never been happier to have my small boobs back. Big boobs are overrated.
4 of my 5 pumps I've went through this past year.
We spent a long weekend in Hot Springs visiting Gigi and Papa Bob.
Scarlett got stuck like this and couldn't figure out how to get her leg untangled.
Enjoying coffee and and view with Aunt Allie.
Rocking my red lips.
The sweetest cheeser at Gigi's.
These gals loved Gigi's patio too!
We got lots of patio time in.
And lots and lots of play!
Love that I captured them doing pretty much the exact same thing at the exact same time at Gigi's front door. This happens often, but I rarely get it on camera.
The twins had their first swim at ChaCha's the night before her surgery!
Grey and I found a new bakery down the street. We may or may not be frequenting it weekly.
And this man turned 34.
We had a pretty impromptu date night set up that night and it ended up being a great time to sing happy birthday too!
I went on a girls' overnight and it was glorious. I mean, look, that's all I had to pack!! It was very strange to only worry about packing for one person.
Even weirder was arriving at the lake house and not having anything to do. Literally, nothing. No one to take care of, make dinner for, no laundry to catch-up on... I think we just stared at each other for a few minutes trying to figure out what was next.
We got lots of pictures from the hubs who were in charge at home.
Proud of these two for braving the big wide world with 3 littles a piece.
Meanwhile, me trying to master using a selfie stick was entertaining.
Which is why I just ended up giving it to someone else with better skills.
It was 24 hours of lake bliss. That ended with a sunburn. I should've reapplied.
And another date night to celebrate my sweet Steph's birthday. We've been celebrating since our 16th birthdays, and while it takes us a bit longer to organize a date now, we never miss!
Then it was onto birthday party planning...and where else would you go when you have to feed the masses for a first birthday?
Why can't every grocery store have this cart option?
A little party teaser...
And that's what's been happening round here! :)







































0 comments:
Post a Comment