Pages

6.16.2015

Bumpdate 2.0...Week 26 & 27...

...26 weeks...
How far along? 26 weeks June 2nd)
How big is the baby? TWO heads of lettuce per thebump.com
Maternity Clothes:  Status Quo: maternity pants all the way & leggings, and lots of maxi dresses/skirts! Mostly working the maternity shirts now.
Sleep: Sleeping good- just always sleepy. :)
Movement: Lots of rolls and kicks. They still change positions a lot, so depending on how they are hanging out- I feel them stronger or more in certain positions. For example, when they're both breech I don't feel them as much. Plus one ends up jumping on my cervix-ouch! Another reason I like them head down!
Food cravings: Watermelon and snow-cones! And I'm totally all about the carbs lately. And not cooking. I hate cooking right now.
Food aversions:   Still Chicken (mostly breasts, I can do some chicken if it's shredded).
Gender: ... ? ... I'm back and forth. I would love Grey to have sisters, but I would also love some crazy boys too!
Symptoms:  Mostly major congestion and then all the usuals...bathroom breaks, boobs, calf cramping...
What do I miss: I reaaaaalllllly want a vanilla diet coke from Sonic- ha!
Best moment of the week: Seeing our babies last week. Of course. We are officially seeing our OB weekly now- so getting glimpses of these babies will be the highlight of every week. Things are getting crowded in their though and it's harder and harder for me to tell what's what and what belongs to who! We've also started to crack down on our to-do list. I felt like we wouldn't have tons to get with this being the 2nd baby, and maybe it's because there are 2, but geesh, we've spent a lot of money!
What I'm looking forward to: Our appt. this week- I think it's a growth scan- so I'm looking forward to getting an estimate of how big they are!
Milestones: Our babies' eyes are forming and will soon open, they have eyelashes, are practicing their breathing, and soaking up antibodies to build their immune systems! (per thebump.com)
Prayer for babies: Lord, we thank you again for another week of growing and developing for these little babes. We love them so much and are so in awe of your love for our family. Amen.


...27 weeks...
How far along? 27 weeks (June 10th)
How big is the baby? TWO rutabagas per thebump.com
Maternity Clothes:  Maternity everything, other than the few things I can still get away with otherwise (maxi skirts and dresses, pajama/yoga pants)
Sleep: Sleeping good- just always sleepy. :)
Movement: Lots of is this week! Babies went from transverse (heads at opposite sides) to baby A being head down and baby B staying transverse.
Food cravings: Same: watermelon and snow-cones! And I'm totally all about the carbs lately. And not cooking. I hate cooking right now. I've been eating a lot of cereal.
Food aversions:   Still Chicken (mostly breasts, I can do some chicken if it's shredded).
Gender: ... ? ... We're getting closer to finding out! 9 weeks to go...
Symptoms:  Major congestion and nosebleeds continue, along with the return of 1st trimester exhaustion! SOOOOO SLEEEEEEPY....bathroom breaks, boobs, calf cramping...
What do I miss: Still wanting a vanilla diet coke...it's on my post-delivery wishlist.
Best moment of the week: Seeing these little ones again. Baby A has hair! Or at least that's what the sonographer tells me! I believe her. :)
What I'm looking forward to: Working on more of our to-do list! Having my 3 hour glucose test over with. I failed the 1 hour (which my OB was so nice to warn me about as I'm walking out of the office..."By the way, most twin moms fail the one hour!" Have a great day!...). The 3 hour was terrible. I mean, TERRIBLE. It's not the least bit nice to ask a preggo to fast and then drink the grossest sugary drink ever and sit in an office for 3 hours to have their blood drawn 4 times. I'm praying like crazy I pass this one because I will be very sad if I have to give up my snow cones. I'm bracing myself to fail though, as I had elevated A1C prior to getting pregnant and was on metformin while doing our fertility treatments this go round. I'll do whatever I need to do to take care of myself and help these babies thrive though!
Milestones: Our babies' are practicing their breathing and have brain activity!(per thebump.com)
Prayer for babies: Lord, it is exciting to think we are counting down in the single digits to meet these sweet babes. You have taken us so far in this pregnancy and we are so grateful. We know you will continue to direct our paths and protect our babies. You have orchestrated every minute detail and moment of this pregnancy and we take so much comfort in knowing you go before us and are beside us each day. Continue to prepare our hearts and minds for what lies ahead. Let us glorify you as a family and let these babies be a testament to your goodness and faithfulness. Amen.

 I'd say the twins definitely add a bit to the bump! HA!
 Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley Brickner said...

You look so great, & are so close! Xo

Kristin said...

You look awesome! I think my bump was as big as yours with one baby inside. ;) Hope you passed your glucose. And that things continue to go well!!! I think you're having girls. :) Not sure why but I do. I guess I have a 50/50 shot of guessing correctly. Haha! xoxo