...Oh what fun it is to dress up a little toddler! When we tried on hercostume a few weeks ago (just the head piece), she had a complete meltdown, trying to tear it off, crying, flailing of arms, the whole works! She finally realized it was a battle she was losing and sucked her thumb (see picture evidence below).
So, as we put the whole costume on you on Halloween night, I was pleasantly surprised to see that you didn't mind it at all. No tears. No expression at all for a while. I think that might be the one and only good thing about those darn incisors you're working on, they made you too tired to care much! Plus, we invited Life Group over for chili, caramel and apples, wassail, trick-or-treating, and just hanging out, so you were very interested in all the people around, especially your friends in costumes.
All ready to go with Daddy.
Your sweet, plump cheeks were completely exaggerated in your costume. It made this mommy heart melt!
Getting ready to trick-or-treat!
But first, a group picture...
Love Kate photobombing in the back!
Who is the weirdo elephant?
Sweet baby Calvin.
After her first trip up to a house with her daddy. And her last. She liked riding and watching, and while she didn't mind going up to the door, she obviously had no clue what was going on!
Taking it all in.
Her wagon partner, Griff the monkey!
Our little flirt! She finally started laughing and smiling at Griff!
It's so crazy to watch how much she's grown since last Halloween, and I know next year will bring new wonders and excitement. While I just dread time passing as fast as it does, I also look ahead with such excitement at what's to come!













1 comments:
She is so stinking cute! I love that you won the battle! When I was reading it, it made me laugh out loud! Landry is the same way about hats! We have to fight her to wear them!
Post a Comment