...Oh my, what a big girl you are becoming! You are still just as sweet and silly as ever, with a bit of spice and sass added in. We are definitely seeing some of your defiant ways come out, and if I'm being honest, it is really hard to get mad at you. The things that get you riled up make me laugh and daddy and I have to turn our heads when scolding/disciplining you to keep from laughing at your faces and gestures. Although you shaking your finger at us when your mad and swatting mommy is NOT at all funny. Figuring out what works with you discipline wise has been tricky. Since you mimic everything, pointing our finger or swatting you is not an option anymore, as you just do it back. You don't quite understand timeout, but we keep trying it. The best thing for now seems to be FORCING you to look at us and saying "no" very sternly. You hate to be told no. But you usually listen when we say it. While disciplining is just one of those parental challenges, it's one we gladly accept. It allows us to help you learn right from wrong and eventually these moments will be more teachable- We have the awesome responsibility of helping instill moral values in you and teach you about Christ, in your sin and all! One other thing I have to mention this month is how funny you are! You have quite the personality. You do the funniest little things that make every one around you laugh! You are so social and think you run the show. I wish I could explain just how special you are and just how blessed I feel to be your mommy. There are truly no words. I often think back to the days where we were waiting for you. And then those 9 months I got to carry you so close. The sleepy newborn you once were. All the milestones you've hit. The days go too fast. I love watching you grow, I just wish it would all slow down so I could savor each moment a little longer. I love you, Grey.
- Wearing 9-12 month clothes.
- Moved to size 3 diapers at night, and will completely be in size 3 after we finish this last box of 2s!
- After your ear infection this last month you broke out in a rash. I am pretty sure it was an allergic reaction from your ammoxil, but the doctor said it could've been Fifth's disease. I'm no doctor, but I think she was wrong. Mommy also has an allergy to ammoxil, so I'm declaring that as the problem. While at the doctor checking out your rash, they checked your iron levels and they are back up. We'll continue supplements until 18 months. Your weight at that appt. was 18 lbs 5 oz.
- New Words: dor-du (Georgia), dank (thank you), ck-qua (cracker), Didi (Gigi), Tutu, nana (banana), ol (owl), bah (bottle), Towards the end of the month you really started to try and repeat a lot of the words we were saying!
- Words: baw (ball), bubus(bubbles), uh-oh, boo, bo (book), boo (boo-boo), deesh (for any object you points to), peesjh (please), mama, dada, da (dog), sooz (shoe), da (down), du (up), oooo, ak (icky), Nala.
- Before we gave Georgia away to live with another family, you loved yelling at window for her. "Dor-du!!!" you would holler while peeking through the blinds.
- You love imitating grown-up things- blowing on food, if mommy does something you try it too (brushing hair, putting lotion on mommy's leg, etc.)
- You like to shake your finger at the dog like mommy and daddy did. You also like to shake your finger when you're mad at us, or sometimes at other people. Oh my, you did it to daddy's friend the other day when you were being scolded. It resulted in a "talkin' to" and time out.
- You are really starting to want to dress yourself, throw a fit if you don't get to wear what you. I try to offer you two choices that I approve of, but sometimes when we're staying home, you start pulling things out of your drawer and insisting we put them on. You especially love your swim bathrobe.
- You are obsessed with dancing. We have had some serious dance parties lately. You shake your booty, sway, bop up and down...It's too cute. I see some dance in your future!
- As much as it pains your father and I, I'm pretty sure your favorite color is pink. It's the first crayon you always choose and in mommy's cabinet of hair supplies and lotion, you always go straight to the pink bottle.
- loves: eating dried cherries, dancing and music, pink
- dislikes: diaper changes, trying new things at the dinner table (which is resulting in you not eating at all some evenings).



























4 comments:
Grey and Landry are both so small! Grey is just precious and getting cuter every day! How are you?
Love you and love her! I was having post withdrawals!! PS looks like Amoxil allergy hives to me;)
It looks like she sure does have a lot of personality....I was laughing at some of the pictures! Her hair is getting so long and still as cute as ever:)
Oh my goodness! I love this post. Her cheeks never cease to make me smile.
Post a Comment