Pages

5.08.2014

One Year and Counting...Month 13...

...I definitely can't keep up with my weekly updates, but I won't be giving up my monthlies. Albeit, I forfeit on the cutesy chalkboard pics- forcing you to sit still for a minute is pure torture for you! It is so fun watching you do more and more "grown-up" girl things! You look less like a baby and more like a toddler every day. Tear. Here are some highlights and pictures from your thirteenth month...

  • You have started to try and wear things/put on clothes. You try to get everything around and over you head! I love watching you do big girl things!
  • You LOVE your wagon from Papa and ChaCha. When you see it, you start kicking your legs. You like to ride around the neighborhood sucking on your sunglasses (wish you would wear them!) and taking in the views!
  • You got a baby doll for your first birthday (along with a stroller) and has definitely become your go-to toy!
  • You also love to talk on the phone, you hold up all kinds of non-phone things to your ear and jabber away.
  • Blueberries, raspberries, and peanut butter are your new favorites.
  • You are finally looking at books and turning pages (especially if mommy isn't fast enough). Books with flaps are your favorite.
  • You're learning to open and close things...baskets, doors, lids, books...it keeps you quite entertained.
  • You had a fever for a couple days on and off this month. You also had a running nose, lots of drool, and were super fussy. I assumed it was teething- and I think you're working on your top incisors. They haven't broke through yet, and your symptoms have disappeared...so who knows if you were fighting something or what...(I do still think you're incisors are close to coming in!)
  • We've slowly transitioned you to whole milk. You didn't mind it (in that you didn't gag every time you tasted it) but you drank a lot less than breast milk. We have given you about 2-3 sippy cups of breast milk a day and 1-2 cups of whole milk. This past week you will chug either one- so I think you are officially ready to be whole milk full time...which is great because I only have about 4 bags of my breast milk left. Not too shabby for not breast feeding for the last 7 weeks!
  • You're WALKING!!! You were taking a step here and there, but you took about 4-5 steps in the kitchen, from the island to the pantry, on April 30th. Mommy cried. Then you turned around and walked some more before you fell and cried. You are very inconsistent on your walking, since you still don't quite trust yourself, but it's more and more frequent every day.
 Lots of baby and wagon pics...

Sleeping on daddy (doesn't look comfy)
You fell asleep like this!
Your favorites: baby, bear, and chair!
Snuggling your bear in the morning.
Trying to wear your blanket.
First ponytail. I die.
Mastering the art of the selfie.
You love playing in mommy's closet!
Mini BFFs.
Watching you sleep never gets old.
A future spouse? We approve!
We like to stop in front of Anne and Eric's old house and tempt them to come home by taking family selfies.
Trying on swimsuits before our lake trip.
Not a fan of your new carseat.
Photobucket

1 comments:

Ashley said...

First of all, I loved looking at all those pictures:) Grey is def. starting to act more "grown up"! So much fun! And, the swimsuits are to die for.....I bought Harper two and can't wait till she can wear them!