Pages

1.14.2013

Bumpdate- Weeks 25-27...

I was waiting to post until I took an updated bump picture...and for some reason I've been too busy to actually do that! : )

...25 Weeks
How far along? 25 weeks (December 30th)
How big is the baby? The size of a cauliflower. 
Maternity Clothes: Still using the Belly Band...I wore a maternity sweater this week- I'm starting to run out of my own shirts to wear. Especially with my growing ta-tas...which I HATE by the way! Big boobs is not a look I care for on myself! Things just don't fit right and I feel like I'm always adjusting.
Sleep: Still restless (my hips hurt from laying on one side too long), but no real complaints.
Movement: Still lots of it. I usually feel the strongest kicks on my right side, so I think legs are going that direction. It is fun to try and guess how this baby is positioned. I love this baby's movements so much and I give thanks to God whenever I feel a little kick. How blessed am I!?
Food cravings: Nothing. Really, nothing even sounds good. I'm forcing myself to eat balanced meals even though nothing tastes good. Weird, right!? Especially with the Christmas food that has been surrounding me!
Food aversions: Still just chicken.
Gender: Boy? Girl? I have no clue and I really feel like it could go either way. I'm so excited to find out!!
Symptoms: Do ribs expand during pregnancy? I feel like mine are!
What do I miss: Nothing at all!
Best moment of the week: Another good doctors appt. I heard the heartbeat and got a flu shot! A shot isn't such a big deal anymore for me after injecting my belly with fertility treatments for so long, ha! It didn't hurt at all, except for my sore muscle the next day. The doctor also said the heartbeat was, "fast, like a girl!" I didn't ask the actual bpm. We bought a bookcase/shelf for the nursery. I think all the big furniture pieces are bought now!
What I'm looking forward to: My next appt. in 3 weeks. I love going to my OB appts. to check on everything. I have my glucose test that day, so hopefully I pass. I decided on a paint color, so I'm excited to get it painted now (and by I, I mean my hubs and mom)!
Milestones: Baby is growing and putting on fat, nostrils are beginning to open as baby practices breathing and lungs are developing, his/her skin is becoming more opaque, and the most prominent part of baby's brain is the cerebral cortex at this point! Grow sweet baby, grow! : )

...26 Weeks
How far along? 26 weeks (January 6th)
How big is the baby? The size of a head of lettuce! : )
Maternity Clothes: Still using the Belly Band...Still wearing most of my own shirts, but dabbling in the maternity shirts my friends have loaned me as well.
Movement: S/he's movin' and groovin'. I'm loving it- there are no words to describe how fun it is to feel this little human inside me. 
Food cravings: Still having trouble finding anything that sounds good. I am over my decaf coffee and back to chocolate milk or water in the morning. I think I decided I really want a PB&J sandwich, so I will be heading to the grocery later today!
Food aversions: Still just chicken.
Gender:14 more weeks and we'll know!
Symptoms: My ribs are definitely expanding (not painful, but certainly uncomfortable). Things are getting cramped in there too, b/c I officially can't eat very big meals at all- digestion is very slow & food seems to just sit in my throat! My hips and lower back are a little sore too, but I haven't been to the chiro in a month- so hopefully my visit this week will help with that!
What do I miss: Nothing at all!
Best moment of the week: Hmmm, that fact that it was just a 3 day work week & I now get to count down to maternity leave!
What I'm looking forward to: My next appt. in 2 weeks. Re-deciding on a paint color. I thought I picked one, but I went out and found 3 more. I have 6 colors on the wall, ha! My mom is going to come paint this weekend or next. I think I decided on some of the other decor I am going to put above baby's dresser. We'll see....
Milestones: Baby's eyes are fully developed- but not yet opening!

Random mid-week bump picture. 
 Very random picture of my first baby...Jared cut her nails and she got mad and wouldn't move from this step all day. If she was mad about that, I'm really worried about bringing baby home, ha!
...27 Weeks
How far along? 27 weeks (January 13th)
How big is the baby? The size of a rutabaga...?
Maternity Clothes: Still using the Belly Band...mixture of maternity and regular shirts.
Movement: Constantly! This baby is getting so strong!
Food cravings: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches & cranberry juice.
Food aversions: Still just chicken.
Gender:13 more weeks...counting down!! I love hearing people's guesses. Friends and family, of course, give their opinion, but I also have total strangers telling me what they think too! I'd say I hear about 50/50 boy or girl. Which is perfect, b/c there is a 50/50 chance it is a boy or girl, ha!
Symptoms: This week I had terrible pain. It was on my lower right abdomen and stretched all the way around to the back of my spine. I could barely walk and couldn't sit and cross my leg. My doctor had me come in to check things out. Baby was looking great & the doctor thought that maybe s/he was laying on something (don't know medical term) connecting to my kidney. Thankfully, after 2 days the pain went away, AKA, baby moved. I had to take off a day of work and my doctor told me I was doing too much and need to take it easy...which is a hard thing for this mommy to do- I already feel so lazy in pregnancy. : )
What do I miss: Not a thing- in fact I should probably remove this b/c I just enjoy the blessing of being pregnant every day!!
Best moment of the week: We got to see our baby again, although s/he was as stubborn as always and wouldn't give us a good shot of his/her face. Baby Gberry is measuring at 2.1 lbs and was head down. Knowing this baby looks healthy and is growing makes my heart full of thanksgiving! We also picked a paint color and my mom and her husband painted the nursery! I made my own carseat canopy, since I couldn't find any I liked online that were gender neutral. Jared started working on his honey-do/nesting list I have made too....happy wife=happy life, ya know!? : )
What I'm looking forward to: Another appt. this week with a glucose test (here's to praying I pass!!).
Milestones: Baby is starting to open his/her eyes, brain activity is increasing, & baby can recognize voices. At this point in pregnancy, there is an 85% survival rate if baby come early (which we pray s/he won't!)
 And, finally, I took a bump picture. I don't know why it's so hard to put on this black shirt and jeans every week...but it is! : )
 Photobucket

4 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Oh the glucose test! I failed my screening but passed the test. I barely passed! I didn't like anything but sugar while pregnant. All other food sounded terrible to me. I know once that baby is in your arms you will be like I am with mine and never want to put her down! I didn't know a six week old could be so spoiled haha

Unknown said...

You are too cute!!!! I love reading your updates because I feel we have had very similar symptoms! I ask my friends the same thing about my ribs!

Our life with 2 P's said...

Sweet baby bump! Love s/he so much!! And you too, of course!! Not much longer!! It's gone by so fast.

Lindsey said...

Love all your updates and of course you are looking fabulous as ever! Isn't this going by so quickly?? Our babies will be here before we know it!