Pages

4.19.2012

Crepe-tastic...

...I first fell in love with crepes when I had one from a street vendor in Paris in 2005. It wasn't my first crepe, but the ones at IHOP throughout my childhood didn't really count. You may remember that when we went to Key West with our friends, Anne & Eric, we found an authentic creperie owned by a French woman from Brittany. We ate there everyday of our trip and have been dreaming of them everyday since we returned.

 
Anne had a birthday this week, and her present from Eric was a cooking class at Central Market. Not only was it a cooking class, but it was a CREPE cooking class with Carol Ritchie. We had SO much fun learning to make crepes and we had even more fun eating them. So delicious & relatively easy! The best part of a cooking class (this was my first one ever) was that they have everything measured and ready to go, so you do a little of the prep, the cooking, and then NONE of the cleaning. Totally my style. : )
 

Anne flipping a crepe.
 My turn!

And here we are together working on a chocolate crepe.
Final products: 2 savory crepes- spinach/ham/cheese & beef/carmelized onions
2 sweet crepes-carmelized pears & Nutella/strawberries/bananas/homemade whip cream
 
Yum.
 Happy birthday Annie, I had so much fun celebrating with you and I cannot wait for our crepe party!


Photobucket

0 comments: