Pages

10.03.2011

My Life In A Nutshell...

...I was tagged by Miss Olga at Our Extraordinary Life and thought I'd play along, how fun!

  • I was born in Indiana in August 1982.  (Yes, I'm pushing 30, yikes!)
  • I share a birthday with my mom. She's the best woman I know.
  • I have a dad, but that's an interesting relationship/story that doesn't fit in the "nutshell" theme of this post.
  • I am the middle child.Without the syndrome.
  • I have an older and younger sister. My older sister and I have just recently decided we like each other. It only took us about 25 years. She's definitely one of my best friends now! My younger sister and I have always been BFF. 
  • My parents divorced when I was 5. My mom remarried when I was 8.
  • I moved to Texas before starting 4th grade.
  • Texas is truly my home.
  • I love going back to Indiana to see my family and enjoy the quiet country life.
  • I was raised going to church and believing in Jesus, but I truly gave my life to Him in 8th grade.
  • Some of my very best friends are a group of amazing girls I've known since high school.
  • Going to Oklahoma was the best decision I ever made. It was a leap of faith for me.
  • My mom and step-dad divorced my first year at Oklahoma. I went a little wild. I swore off marriage.
  • God had different plans.
  • I met Jared at OU. It was love (or major interest) at first sight. It took us almost a year to actually go on a date.
  • We went on a date. I beat him at pool.
  • 9 months later he proposed. I said yes. 
  • We got married as soon as we graduated. Almost 6 years ago.
  • We thought we'd have kids right away. We're still praying about the right time. We definitely want some though!
  • I decided teaching wasn't for me. I got a degree in counseling. 
  • I'm still teaching. And praying for the perfect job to come my way.
  • Jared got his masters. 
  • Now we have a lot of free time...
  • We finally found a "Life Group" at our church and love it. It is so encouraging for us to be a part of this great group of Christians.
  • I have no idea what the future holds, although I'd love to have every little thing planned out.
  • I know I love Jesus. I love Jared. I love my family and friends.
  • I am blessed.
Thanks for tagging me Olga. It's hard to write about my life in a nutshell...so many wonderful boring details I could include! : )
    Photobucket

    1 comments:

    Olga Marquez said...

    Hey lady!!

    It was so nice knowing a little more about you!! It was not at all boring ;)

    Thanks for sharing!

    You are beautiful!