Pages

12.13.2010

Oh, Christmas Tree...

...Original blog title, I know. I am completely out of creative juice. The grad. school semester is officially over  (7 down, 2 to go!!!!), and there are just a mere 4 days left of teaching 4th graders for the year of 2010...which means there are 12 days until Christmas, 11 days to finish shopping (of course, I'm done with that already), and 18 days until 2011 is here! WOW! Does anyone else feel as though the older they get, the faster the years go?

Back to the blog topic at hand. The tree. For the past 2 years we have been either trying to sell our house or have been in the process of moving...somewhere (we still don't know where "home" will be), thus, Christmas decorations have been carefully packed and moved...3 times. We moved into a new home (renting for now, because did I mention we still don't know where the heck we're going to end up permanently!?) last weekend and after putting all our "normal" home decor up, I just didn't have the energy to put up our Christmas decorations for 2 weeks (because my Christmas decorations come down on Dec. 26th). I'm pretty sure that last sentence had a grammatical error...or two. I did decide, however, that we would have a tree! Which worked out perfectly because we are in the process of getting a new kitchen table and our latest kitchen is the perfect spot to show off our greenery. Our tree is simple. I usually try to add some ribbon to tie it all together, but I passed this year. I don't have a "theme" for our tree. It's just ours. An arrangement of ornaments from our births-now. I LOVE opening my "tree" box every year to see all my favorite ornaments ready to be hung. I took some pictures of my favorite.


The tree...retro version. 

 This guy is just fun. We have a dozen OU ornaments, but this is my favorite.

 This one actually goes ON the tree, but I thought this made a neater picture.

 In all it's glory.


And here we have Nala. She is not part of our tree. She's just cute in her winter scarf. Her head does look awfully big here, huh?
"Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to ALL people." -Luke 2:10. I hope your holiday season is filled with GREAT JOY...decorations or not! : )

signature 2

2 comments:

Our life with 2 P's said...

YAY for being able to put up a tree! It's perfect and so gorgeous! Love you and can't wait spend Christmas with ya!

jenn k said...

Nala looks like a baby! I thought you guys got a new puppy. Oh how I love our Chihuahuas!