...Farmer's Market. Since it's Spring Break, I have a lot of free time to cook! I LOVE to cook but since I am gone Mon-Wed. until almost 10p.m. for grad. school I just don't have time...then by the time I make it to Thursday I am exhausted and just want to order in or pick up something (and of course, I just don't cook on the weekend!). Well, anyway, I have a whole menu planned for the week and most of it requires lots of healthy produce...so my mother-in-law and I headed downtown this morning to pick up produce at the Dallas Farmer's Market. It was the most beautiful day out, the vegetables and fruit were so fresh and all the colors so vibrant, and the sellers were so friendly. I ended up getting; 6 tomatoes, 6 peaches, fresh cilantro, 2 jalapenos, blueberries, strawberries, an onion, 2 green peppers, and 3 avocados- all for $25! I'm so excited to cook...
Support our local farmers and get yourself some really great produce-it beats Kroger!
Easter basket gift ideas
2 years ago





1 comments:
How fun! There's nothing like fresh product, straight from the farm!! There's a great FM about 25 minutes from here, on our way to Dallas, and it has great veggies and fruits! I love summertime food....and summertime in general!! XOXO!
Post a Comment