Pages

8.14.2009

A Hopeful Birthday Verse...

I get a daily bible verse every morning via my email with a little lesson. I love this b/c it is a great way to make sure I start the day in God's word, which I am going to be honest and say I definitely am too tired to wake up 30 minutes early in the morning to do a quiet time, so my quiet times always happen before bed.

Anyway, the verse I got was John 15: 1-2 which says, "I am the true vine and my father is the gardener. He cuts of every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." I loved receiving this verse on my birthday. What a promise for my life that the Lord is going to continue working in my heart and life, ridding me of the bad and bringing out the good. As I continue to grow in my faith and love for the Lord, I know he will continue to grow me, as he has done my whole life. Every year I look back and realize I am no longer the person I was before, and what a great thing! My hope is in Him.

On a side note, I had a wonderful 27th birthday! Wednesday night we met some friends in Addison and had dinner at Houlihans-it was yummy, and the company was great! I am so blessed with amazing friends! Thursday, the actual day of my birthday, I worked out and then Jared and I ran a bunch of errands. While this might not sound that exciting, it was very exciting b/c we never run errands together, and I wish we did it more often. We stopped and had lunch at Gloria's and then headed to Corinth so he could get his hair cut by my fabulous stylist sister (I highly recommend her for all your hair needs!). I then dropped him off at the airport, yes he left me on my birthday for a sign show in Oklahoma, but it's okay, he made up for it with my birthday present, which I will get to in a moment. I then met my mom at the shops of Highland Village (which I will soon live next to!) and we did a little browsing and then had drinks at Patrizios...where I saw my old cheer leading coach Mrs. Karbs (who I will soon live next to!). Then we met the family (Bob, Ben, Malinda, Allison, and Shannon-our future cousin in-law, ha ha) for sushi. We had a great time and I got lots of great birthday goodies! I love my wonderful family!

Well, before I post pictures...I will tell you about my big birthday gift from Jared. I first want to preface this by saying that I have NEVER asked for one of these, or really even mentioned them before b/c I don't see the point in spending that kind of money. However, if someone wanted to buy me one, I certainly wouldn't turn it down! Jared came up with this on his own and even kept it a surprise (which is a HUGE deal if you know the Granberry boys)...so, without further ado, I am now a proud owner of a:


With the fam for sushi-For those of you who don't know, I was my mother's greatest birthday gift (ha!) and we share a birthday!
With Jared
The boys, minus Jake, who decided he didn't want to be in the pic....by the way, the boys sucked at this picture.
This is how it's done! Good work ladies...and PS-yes, we did it middle school style and sat separated by sex.

signature

1 comments:

raschel said...

what a sweet husband to buy you a bday gift and keep it a SURPRISE!! I'm jealous! Happy belated Birthday!!