Pages

4.16.2017

Grey is FOUR!!!...

...Oh my goodness. Four. That seems so old. It seems so little lady, and no more baby. It makes me tear up because those baby-baby days are behind us, and it makes me smile because you are turning into the sweetest little girl with the most precious of personalities. Life with you is a sweet adventure, filled with sweet little moments that I will forever treasure and carry in my heart. Little and sweet definitely are words I use over and over again for you. They describe you well. Add a dash of sass and we've got you, Grey girl. We love you so.

  • Stats: Mostly all 3T clothes now- you're length requires size 3, but still not your width :) size 8 shoes
  • Schedule: Bedtime around 7:30, wake about 7:30. You are done with napping. To the point that on days your super tired, I try my best to keep you awake, because otherwise you're awake until 10!
  • Eating: Your favorites haven't changed. You are trying more and more- still with some bribing. But you're also requesting things you never have before: carrots, sweet potatoes, pickles!!! It's amazing!
  • Potty Training: Still need a pull-up at night. We're not even close to going without one. I'm not sure if it's out of laziness, or that you're so completely out when you sleep that it doesn't even wake you. I considering just going cold turkey and putting you in panties at night to see how it goes, but I'M too lazy to want to take the chance and have to change sheets!
  • Personality/Friends/Relationships: 
      • Not many changes since your last update... 
    • You're birthday party was at Sweet Face Bakery this year. It was perfect for you, my little introvert. Just your favorite friends, a small little group, and lots of sugar. All the things you love. You repeatedly told me that it was the "best birthday ever", and "thank you mommy, I love you." (Birthday party post coming soon.)
    • You are very big into girls only play with girls. With a few exceptions (church friends). 
    • You are 100% girl. It is constant twirly dresses, dancing, singing, playing with anything and everything pink. I am just embracing it. Because it's so sweet. Not what I ever envisioned...but in true God fashioned, it's everything I never knew I always wanted.
    • Your sisters...you are their number one fan. They adore you and you them. You all fight like cats and then play so lovingly. You are protective of them but also mother them to death.You make sure they always have a toy to play with when we get in the car, it's super sweet.
    • Mom and Dad- You have been a little more even with your favorites, depending on your mood and time apart, you prefer one of us over the other. And also depending on what you want to do.
    • You are such a sweet girl. I mean, you totally have some terrible moments and irrational fits that leave mommy and daddy shaking their heads in frustration, disbelief, or just in pure awe and good humor because it's so silly. But for the most part you are just this tender hearted little girl who really loves others. I can already tell that God has filled you with lots of compassion for others. 
  • Discipline: Timeouts are less and less, I feel like we are definitely entering 4s and leaving those crazy 3s behind us. The biggest struggle right now is the WHINING. I've changed my approach and instead of using negatives ("stop whining", "no whining", etc.) I am saying, "please use a calm voice". Approximately 400+ times a day.
  • Play:
    • You are still not attached to any one thing, but daily or weekly you choose a book and one other thing that you cannot let out of your sight. 
    • Singing/dancing- Life with you is like living in a musical! You sing all day, to songs you know and love, and then you make up your own. It is so cute and entertaining! Your favorite songs right now are; Moana and Trolls songs. In the car you love "Resurrecting" by Elevation Worship. And it brings much joy to my momma heart.
    • Imaginary Play- You are very big into pretending...school, "house", monsters...
    • Coloring and writing is also a constant/daily favorite for you. 
    • You love playing "I Spy..."
  • Speak:
    • Some of your notable phrases or funny comments the past 3 months have been: 
      • Grey- "You sure love coffee." Mom- "Yes, I do. What do you love?" Grey- "Syrup. I like to drink it." (Which is true. but you don't drink it, you just want to.)
      • "How 'bout we give that a try?"
      • "Jesus will take care of you if you're scared."
      • "Is that a good deal?"
      • "Sounds like a plan."
      • "What's tomorrow? and where are we going?" (every night before bed)
      • "I just can't" (when you don't want to do something)
  • Development and Learning
    • You are working on writing your own name. 
    •  Dance- you refuse to show us anything from dance class, but over the last few weeks I can see things that clearly come from dance class in your movements and your dance when you freestyle at home. I love that you are in fact learning something!
    • Your memory amazes me. Your daddy has the best (and weirdest) memory of anyone I know. I think you may have inherited that. 
    • We are working on memorizing scripture. John 3:16! You learned it in a week. I thought you were too young, shame on me. 
    • Other Events:
      • You fell off your bed and busted your lip, like really bad. A couple weeks later I thought your daddy wasn't brushing your teeth very well, but it turns out that fall killed your two front teeth. They're now a lovely shade of gray until they fall out. :(
    • Parent Struggles: 
      • I really struggle with being intentional and spending quality time with you but also knowing that playing by yourself is okay too. I feel guilty if I need to catch-up on laundry when you want to play. I am trying to balance by evaluating if I'm being selfish or I'm really needing to get a few things done. 
      • Prayers: I really just pray that you will know the love Jesus has for you at a young age. You are understanding more and more and I know you soak up every word and pay attention to every little thing I do. I pray I can be an example for you and that I can plant the seeds for you to know the Lord. 
              • "Every prayer for you is like a seed in the ground
                Every tear I cry is like rain
                And in its due season
                I pray a harvest will be found
                Your heart and mouth confessing Jesus' name
                Your heart and mouth confessing Jesus' name"                            -Bethany Dillon|You're the Best Song
       
       photo sig_1.png

      0 comments: