Pages

3.06.2015

One Year and Counting...Month 23...


...It's so crazy to think your 2 year birthday is just a month away. I truly have a hard time grasping the fact that I have been a mommy for 2 years. I learn so much every day from you. You are definitely our pride and joy and we are so thankful to call you ours.

  •  Size 12-18 month clothes, size 3 diapers
  • I think you are working on your 2 year molars. I've seen some gross diapers, a couple restless nights, lots of drooling and chewing, and I think I see some "budding" on your gums. Although it's pretty hard to tell with them being so far back.
  • You've found out you can yell and scream...not in a fit throwing way, but in a fun and silly way. It's pretty funny, until we're in a restaurant. We picked you up from the church nursery the other day and the lady watching you was so surprised. She said something along the lines of, Grey is always so sweet and quiet and today she just screamed as she played!
  • Speaking of yelling, you still cry every night when we lay you down to sleep. There was a one week span where you stopped, and I was so glad because it still makes me so sad to put you down each night. I hope you aren't one day 5 and still crying when we say goodnight.
  • You still have the same schedule!
  • We're getting some glimpses of the terrible 2s. It's hard not to laugh. Maybe if we can laugh through all your tantrums, the 2s won't be so terrible?
  • Favorites: coloring, your monkey and blankey (attachment is a real thing people!), using a fork,  real live babies, talking/babbling, twirling, pointing for momma or dada to sit down and do ____ (basically bossing us around) :).
  • Dislikes: Trying new foods, and putting on a diaper after your bath. This has become a big fight!

I still love your sleeping positions1
 You and daddy love selfies!
 Gigi is good at hairstylin'!
 Helping daddy with the crossword. Serious work for the early morning.
 Being silly after bath time!
 Enjoying beautiful weather and Grandma Gene's famous Valentine cookies on V-day!
 V-day weekend...we were ready for some errands!
 We hadn't been to the park in a month or so, it was amazing to see how much more you were able to do on your own this time!
 Having a little meltdown.
 All girl.
 You've had so much fun playing with baby Silas this past month. We're so glad the Catlins were here for so long!
 Timeout...for putting your feet on the table...again.
 Our friend sent this to us from the church nursery. You thought this truck was big enough to ride!
 Snow day fun. Much needed QT with you.
 Thanks Pinterest for easy, entertaining ideas!
 Bath time at Cha Cha's!
    Photobucket

    2 comments:

    Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

    She is SO beautiful! Isn't it crazy how fast the time goes by? They change so much in the first two years, but it sure is a fun ride! Enjoy!

    Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

    What a precious update! She's getting so big. Beautiful. Love her + daddy shots.