...Now that I am not spending every spare moment reading textbooks, transcribing counseling sessions, and writing papers, I've been a little lot bored. I can only read so many blogs, pin so many pictures, read so many pages, etc. Being able to cook more has been fun, but that really isn't a major time consumer. Earlier last week I realized I still hadn't opened my sewing machine from my birthday, so I decided to invite my mom out for the day on Saturday so that she could reintroduce me to the handy little machine. I used to spend many-a-afternoons at my Grandma's house sewing. My past endeavors included barbie doll clothes, blankets, plane pillows, and other random and super weird creations. I really haven't used a sewing machine since I was 16 though, so a tutorial was a must. Well friends, it's just like riding a bike, my machine and I were BFFs after my first project- hemming my curtain panels for the living room. Easy-smeazy.
Anyhoo, my mom and I's day together ended up turning into an impromptu craft day. We each had somethings we wanted to try, so we got busy. I must say this was the first day I have ever gone into Joanne's Fabric by my own free will...Oh how old age can change you! In addition to the panels, we ended our day with a completed yarn wreath, a glitter wreath (done by mom which I did not get to take a picture of), and a Halloween banner. The best part was being able to spend time with my creative and extremely helpful mom. It was a successful day and I look forward to filling my time with more "crafting" in the future. (Steph M.: we need to plan ours soon!)
Once I finish putting up my Halloween decorations, I might post some more pictures of all my favorite sparkly decor. I love sparkly holiday decor. You should see my Christmas line up...
Happy Monday y'all!





2 comments:
Yay love them all:) I am working on a wreath right now too. Hoping to finish soon, LOVE yours! Yes we must have our craft day soon!!
Oh my goodness! Love all the crafts you did. I seriously wish I was a more crafty person!! I need to do at least one project for the fall!
Post a Comment