Pages

12.23.2008

Jared's Christmas Gift...

Every year for Christmas we get lots of cash from various family members...so this year as my gift to Jared, I gave my share to him so he could buy a new tv without putting us in debt. The idea of whether we really needed a new tv is still debatable, but it was the least I could do seeing as how he has been so awesome and supportive of me going back to school.

Anyways...he bought the tv today and brought it home. Before we could hook it up we had to head to his parents house for Christmas with his mom's side of the family. On the way there Jared dicussed with me the woes of buying this new tv. The conversation went as follows:

Jared: It was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. (I give him a weird look, probably an eye roll and look back out the window). I mean it was even harder than marrying you.

Me: Um, okay, is that supposed to be a compliment?

Jared: YES! I mean I knew I wanted to marry you. You were the only one for me. But there were so many tvs....

The rest of the conversation had to do with Jared deciding between a plasma or an LCD and how those two types of tvs were comparable to choosing between a white and a black girl. I won't go into detail b/c I didn't fully understand it myself.

1 comments:

jenn k said...

Ha. I love it. You are such a sweet wife!