...
Grey the Great grew 2 inches in the last year, coming in at 42.3in @ the 8th%tile. #shorty #getsitfromhermomma and she gained about 5 lbs, coming in at 40lbs @ the 25th%tile. She's petite and oh, so sweet. And I'm super jealous of her muscular calves. #getsitfromherdaddy
A picture before heading to school.
This girl can wear some of the "big girl" clothes now and picked out this maxi dress to wear on her birthday.
This girl can wear some of the "big girl" clothes now and picked out this maxi dress to wear on her birthday.
She had the best time at school that morning and her teacher sent pictures to me. :)
Singing happy birthday to the birthday girl...

...and getting all the confetti!!!
We picked up Grey early that day...to go to the passport office and get these 3 little pretties passports.
I am not exaggerating when I say that the man helping us was absolutely the Sloth from Zootopia. No joke. I wanted to do his job for him because I'm positive I could have completed the task in half the time. My Mr. Personality of a husband kept asking him questions too, so it added to the time spent in the tiny office with 3 hungry girls. They did great though and passports will hopefully be here soon!
We ate at Chick-fil-a for lunch (birthday girl's pick) and then dropped off half the family at home and headed to Grey's well visit.
Gigi, Papa Bob, Aunt Allie, and baby Gary came over for birthday pizza and cake that evening. I may have taken a nap with my favorite little man.
And we ended the evening with some annual birthday pictures.
I swear she just makes up some of this stuff. The last time she played with Num-noms was a year ago, ha! And a flamingo?
We went with it though.
Sweet face.
I swear she just makes up some of this stuff. The last time she played with Num-noms was a year ago, ha! And a flamingo?
We went with it though.
Sweet face.
Silly.
Mad.
Sad.
Excited.
Jared took a screen shot from us singing happy birthday...the twins were more excited than her!
Papa Bob snuggles.
To be completely transparent: I'm not that sad to see the 5s go. It has been a hard year starting kinder. You are completely exhausted. And like your momma, when you are physically and mentally spent, you become moody and lash out. Spring break was such a restful time and you were so sweet, kind, helpful, patient, respectful...things I hadn't seen consistently in months. I am now craving summer with my 6 year old- we need a long term break from alarms and routine.
With that being said. I need to make sure I state that all those hard moments are NOTHING in comparison to my love for YOU. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, more precious than rubies. I adore your imagination, your willingness to help, your overlooking and care of your sisters, the way you empathize with others, your hard work at school, your dedication to dance and gymnastics, your amazing memory #getsitsfromherdaddy, our rides to and from school, and too many more things to list...You are truly one of a kind. You made me a mother when I thought that it might never happen. God gave me you, my perfect little girl, and forever changed the way I love and look at the world. I pray you will become exactly who He created you to be. I pray you will grow in stature, wisdom, and favor with men and God. I pray you never forget your worth or how dearly you are loved.
Here's to year 6! May it be filled with all the blessings (and less moodiness). :)




















0 comments:
Post a Comment